Monday, March 26, 2012

Worst. Training. Ride. Ever.

So you know how all the trainers say that you should at least train lightly when you're not feeling well?  I think they might be full of it.

The past four days, I limited my training time to A Lot Of Walking.  It being the one week out of twelve that I get to spend cramped up and miserable - thanks to the miracle of Seasonique, and screw you, Rick Santorum - I figure that A Lot Of Walking is plenty of exertion when one is in pain.

I felt much better this morning, so I figured I'd get back on the bike this afternoon.  But I haven't felt right since lunch time!  I attributed it to maybe having too substantial a lunch - a couple of homemade chicken soft tacos - and figured I'd just wait until The Vita Guru got home from work, and drag him out with me.

Well...I tried.  Even though I was still feeling a bit off, I still hopped on the bike, and off I went!  And made it...down to the first roundabout on Rolland before I started feeling like the Earth was spinning around my head.

"This isn't working.", I called over my shoulder.  The Vita Guru told me to head back for home, then.  I did, and made it without falling off my bike, but I still feel dizzy and gross.  It's not even hot outside!

The Vita Guru says it still counts as training.  But far from feeling better, I actually feel worse. 

Tomorrow is another day, I guess.


--Missy, the Fat Bottomed Girl

1 comment:

  1. If I'm not well I don't train at all. It's a good way to injure something.

    ReplyDelete