Thursday, May 3, 2012

That...didn't work out as well as I had hoped

Memo to Self:

Don't wear 100% cotton underwear when you're going to try distance riding in 90 degree heat.  Dumbass.

Seriously, especially you folks with girl-bits:  you really want nice synthetic undies when you're riding, or you are going to chafe like a mofo in a place you definitely DON'T want to chafe.  This is doubly true when you're sporting a lot of junk in your trunk.

Gold Bond Medicated Powder is my BFF right now.  Gods.

Anyway, it was not quite 90, closer to 88, when we decided to go out.  I had taken a nap, and woke up to find  The Vita Guru in a bit of a panic.  He had been doing laundry - YES, my husband does the laundry! - and watching bad TV, when the main breaker flipped, and refused to come back on.  It did this several times last summer, it only happens when the AC is running and we have other stuff on.  Well, washer, dryer, ceiling fans, big TV, dehumidifier...and the breaker got too hot and yelled "Bugger all this for a lark!" and shut itself off.

We didn't have anything else to do while we waited for it to cool down, so off we went.

This was the route today, which is seriously candy-assed (heh):



Lame. 4.51 miles, when I was hoping to go at least 10 today. But when you can feel the tender skin rubbing right off your nethers...well, fuck that. I called it off, and we headed for home.

Let me tell you something besides Gold Bond I'm terribly grateful for: Foam on the Range soaps. Not just because Amy is my dear friend, but because when you wash up with her soap, IT DOESN'T STING THE CHAFED BITS. And in fact, it was soothing and I was so grateful that having a shower didn't make me cry.

In the meantime, the electricity is back up, lots of things have been turned off, the AC is back on and working like a champ to get the temperature inside the house back down to something reasonable, Rocky is crashed out and snoring, and I'm just about to do the same.

Bubbazander promised to go out for a ride with me after he gets home from work tomorrow, before I leave to go meet up with The Vita Guru to see The Avengers (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  Sorry, I have a mad thing for Robert Downey, Jr. AND for comic books.).  AND!  And, and, and!  Torrie said she'd come ride with me after finals are over, so I can start pestering her on Monday!  I will have a posse, y'all!  Oooh, no, a biker gang!

What shall we call ourselves?

--Missy, the Fat Bottomed Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment