Friday, February 17, 2012

I Have Lost My Mind

So recently, my husband put a bug in my ear about riding in our local Bike MS event.  This year will be his fifth ride, and he always has a ball with it, so I said "Sure!"

And I actually signed up for it!

I usually do fundraising for the National Kidney Foundation, so it feels funny doing something for the MS Society.  I have not, however, abandoned the NKF, I've just decided to do something good for myself that will help other people in the process!

How's a fat chick - and make no mistake, I'm one of the girls Freddie Mercury was singing about, I've got plenty of booty to spare! - going to ride 100 miles over 2 days, and not fall off her bike from exhaustion?  Why, training, of course!  It's not like I'm just going to ride off into the sunrise, right?  (Oh, yeah, the event starts at Butt-thirty AM on June 23rd.  WHAT was I THINKING??)

The Bike MS folks have a training plan that I intend to follow.  I'll talk about that later, and training according to the plan will begin on Tuesday, February 21.

Follow me on my journey to being fit enough to ride 100 miles in 2 days, and help me reach my goal to raise funds for the National MS Society.  Your support and encouragement is so very much appreciated!

-- Missy, the Fat Bottomed Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment